As an intern at NCPR, I learned a lot, got outside of my comfort zone, and learned how to be a good reporter. During my seven-month internship, I collaborated with a team of professionals and another intern to cover a wide range of stories, from Canton's oldest resident turning 105 to a local Fort Drum teen winning an award to a local seed-to-tray program in Malone. I immersed myself in the company culture and worked well with team members to produce and edit important stories.
Here are some things I learned and accomplished during my internship:
- I learned how to conduct interviews, write news articles, and produce radio segments.
- I learned how to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- I learned how to work with a team and collaborate on projects.
- I learned how to use NCPR newsgathering and editing software.
- I produced and edited radio segments that were aired on NCPR.
- I wrote two news articles that were published on the NCPR website.
I am grateful for the opportunity to have interned at NCPR. I learned a lot and grew as a journalist during my time there. I am confident that the skills and experience I gained will help me in my future career.