Overall, this internship was the most fulfilling and fun experience I've ever had in a work environment. My life goal is to host a annual hometown festival starting in 2027 and this summer definitely helped me towards just that. My three learning goals I chose to execute before this internship were to network with music industry professionals effectively, develop a strong foundation in data analysis and reporting, and understand the revenue streams in the music industry. Some of the tasks I worked on this summer included:
- Introduced "FORMATWIZARD", macros on excel I created that organize weekly Billboard charts and consumption reports in seconds.
- Revamped IGA’s roster, updating information for over 200 artists and their team contacts.
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams to organize and submit ticket grids with Excel and Monday.com.
- Prepared competitive social insights, alerts on artists’ and media Instagram posts that have performed above average.
- Presented a marketing campaign pitch for Amaarae, elaborating how to break into the fashion sector.